Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we may not be offering these classes currently. Please check the calendar for the latest status.
Childbirth education classes cover what to expect during late pregnancy, labor, delivery and postpartum. Learn relaxation and breathing techniques and comfort measures and discuss medication options for delivery. You should end your classes one month before your due date, if possible. A variety of class formats are available, including Saturday (full day), two-day Sunday series and three-week series.
Additional newborn education classes: The cost is $15 for each additional class.
Visit our online calendar.
- Breastfeeding. The benefits of breastfeeding and what you need to know to get started and get through those first few weeks, when breastfeeding can be most challenging.
- Baby Basics. Learn all about baby care, diapering, swaddling, taking your baby's temperature, bathing and more.
- Boot Camp for New Dads. Designed for first-time dads, this workshop will prepare you on how to support your partner, and you will learn how to engage with your new infant once he/she arrives and gives you the confidence to go through the journey of becoming a dad.
- Prenatal Yoga. Prenatal yoga helps decrease tension, improve flexibility and strength, prepare for the birthing process, and cultivate a connection between mother and child.
- Infant CPR. Learn to recognize when a baby needs rescue breathing, how to start CPR and how to care for an infant who's choking. This course provides current CPR instructions and information; it does NOT qualify for a certification card.
- Food for Life: Education Alliance Program. Discover which foods are optimal for weight management and learn how to prepare affordable, low-fat foods. Certified instructors prepare delicious and satisfying recipes with opportunity to sample the food while you learn about the nutritional benefits of a plant-based diet. Various classes such as Foods for Weight Management and How Foods Fight Diabetes are offered several times per year. Call 509-249-5317 for information on the next available class.
How to register for childbirth classes
Classes include Childbirth education, Baby Basics, Boot Camp, Breastfeeding, Prenatal Yoga and Infant CPR. Please note, registrations not received 48 hours prior to class will not be accepted.
Visit our calendar to register online, or call 509-575-8160.
Yakima Valley Memorial offers anytime, anywhere parent education powered by YoMingo®, an education program designed to give you convenient access to valuable information. It includes the tools and support you need at every stage.
Te presentamos a YoMingo®!
Un programa educativo que brinda los conocimientos y herramientas para apoyar a los padres antes, durante y después del embarazo. Puedes tener acceso a este programa de cualquier lugar y en cualquier momento, a través de tu teléfono, tableta y/o computadora, solo necesitas acceso al internet, también puedes seleccionar el lenguaje de tu preferencia.
Si tiene preguntas, llame al 509-575-8160.