Yakima Valley Memorial's respiratory therapy department provides care to adult intensive care, pediatric, neonatal intensive care units, operating room, post-anesthesia care, diagnostic imaging, emergency department, ambulatory care and medical surgical services.
- Bronchial thermoplasty.
- Oxygen and humidity therapy.
- Aerosol medication treatments/MDIs.
- Chest physiotherapy.
- Incentive spirometry.
- Sputum induction.
- Ventilator support and management.
- Airway management.
- Bronchial challenge testing.
- Pulmonary function testing.
- Cardio/pulmonary stress testing.
- Emergency resuscitation.
- Patient/family education.
- Hospital in-service education.
- Assessment consultation for therapy.
- Bipap support and management.
- Neonatal transport team.
- Respiratory care patient driven protocols.
- Fiberoptic bronchoscopy and video bronchoscopy.
- Rapid response team.
Services are provided by licensed respiratory care practitioners, credentialed by the National Board for Respiratory Care and certified by the State of Washington, under medical direction of a board-certified pulmonologist.
All staff members maintain current certifications. They are also involved in educational programs that require continued education units approved by the American Medical Association or the American Association for Respiratory Care.