Yakima Valley Memorial's respiratory therapy department provides care to adult intensive care, pediatric, neonatal intensive care, post-anesthesia care, emergency department, ambulatory care, and medical surgical services.
- Ventilator support and management.
- Non-Invasive Ventilation support and management.
- Bronchoscopy services including Electromagnetic Navigation and Endobronchial Ultrasound.
- Airway management.
- Oxygen and humidity therapy.
- Aerosolized Medication Delivery and Education.
- Chest physiotherapy.
- Sputum induction.
- Pulmonary function testing.
- Emergency resuscitation.
- Patient/family education.
- Hospital in-service education.
- Respiratory care patient driven protocols.
- Rapid response team.
Services are provided by licensed respiratory care practitioners, credentialed by the National Board for Respiratory Care, and certified by the State of Washington, under medical direction of a board-certified pulmonologist.
All staff members maintain current certifications. They are also involved in educational programs that require continued education units approved by the American Medical Association or the American Association for Respiratory Care.