If you are experiencing fever, cough or cold symptoms, please call to reschedule your appointment.
Advances in biotechnology, equipment and medicine have come together to allow MultiCare Yakima Memorial's infusion care team to serve patients with greater convenience and safety than ever before. Infusion care allows medications to be administered directly into the bloodstream in a comfortable, outpatient setting. In addition to IV infusions, we also provide a setting to do a wide variety procedures, tests and dietitian consults and care. We also accept out of network referrals.
Some of the treatments available include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Blood and platelet transfusions.
- Central line maintenance and care.
- Enteral nutrition therapy (e.g. oral or tube feedings).
- IV hydration and nutrition.
- PICC line placement and maintenance.
- Port-A-Cath maintenance.
- Total parenteral nutrition (TPN).
- Antibiotics infusions (offer daily CADD bag infusions, if mediation meets qualifications).
- Immune disorder therapies.
- Subcutaneous injections (e.g. Epogen, Nuepogen, Xolair, Reclast, Prolia, Fasenra).
The infusion care team includes specially trained pharmacists, experienced IV nurses and registered dietitians. They work together to develop a safe and effective plan for adult and pediatric patients. For medically complex patients, infusion care offers freedom and flexibility, as well as a cost-effective alternative to hospitalization.
Infusion care physician order referrals
Anti-Asthmatic Monoclonal Antibodies & Interleukin-5 Antagonists
Blood and/or Platelet Transfusions
Hypersensitivity Treatment Order Set
Infliximab Plus Biosimilar Order Set
Required documentation needed includes:
- Patient demographics (name, date of birth, gender, age, insurance info).
- Any known allergies.
- Diagnosis indicated for infusion.
- Doctor's signature on order.
- Chart notes (most recent physician's).
- Home medication list.
- Patient referrals must have the provider who will follow the patient post discharge and must have a discharge follow up appointment with that provider. Contact information for provider must be included.
- Additional information may be requested depending on the order.