COVID-19 Visitation Policy:
The following visitor restrictions are in place:
- Visitors will not be allowed in the rooms of patients with confirmed or suspected COVID-19, except for limited situations such as end of life.
- Visitors will be screened upon entry and will only be allowed if they do not have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Visitors cannot have pending COVID-19 tests that were taken due to symptoms or exposure to a person who tested positive for COVID-19.
- Visitors cannot have tested positive and still be within their isolation period or have been in contact with anyone who tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- Visitors 2 years of age and older (even if fully vaccinated) must wear masks at all times while in our facilities.
- Visitors may not consume food or beverages in the lobbies, waiting areas, shared patient spaces or when health care workers are present in the patient care space.
- Most patients at YVM are allowed one adult visitor at a time per patient, subject to YVM’s visitor restrictions and visitation hours.
- We continue to encourage family members and friends to use alternative ways to interact with their loved ones, including phone calls, Face Time, Skype and other means.
- NICU and Pediatrics may have one or both parents per day.
- An on-call administrator can review potential case-by-case exceptions to this policy such as a disruptive patient needing a visitor outside of normal visiting hours.
YVM outpatient clinics encourage our patients to come alone to their appointments. When necessary, the following exceptions are allowed:
- Patients may have one adult accompany them.
- Postpartum patients may bring their newborns.
- Patients may bring their children if they have no alternative.
End of Life Patients
End of life patients in all organizational settings are allowed two visitors at one time and can rotate out. Minors will be considered on a case-by-case basis for end of life patients.
Yakima Valley Memorial is a smoke-free facility. Smoking is only allowed in designated areas outside the building. Please ask a staff member to direct you to the nearest location.
Yakima Valley Memorial has been providing care to members of our community for 70 years.
Engaging Every Day
Packed with health news and information, our Facebook page is a great place to connect and get the latest news...
Your Hospital Stay
Now in both English and Spanish, our patient Guide To Services provides all the information you need...