Quality and Safety
Yakima Valley Memorial is accredited by The Joint Commission, an independent, not-for-profit organization which awards accreditation to institutions that meet safety and quality standards for health care. It is vital that health care consumers know the hospital they choose is an advocate and defender of quality community health care.
How quality care is defined at Yakima Valley Memorial
- Safe-patients will not be harmed by the care that is intended to help them.
- Effective- care will be based on scientific knowledge and applied in the best possible manner to ensure a good outcome.
- Patient-centered-care will be respectful of and responsive to individual patient preferences, needs and values.
- Timely-efforts will be directed to reduce waiting times and delays.
- Efficient-care will be given without wasting equipment, supplies, ideas and energy.
- Equitable-care will not vary in quality because of personal characteristics such as gender, ethnicity and socio-economic status.
In order to promote better health and provide better care at a lower cost, Yakima Valley Memorial relies on data from state and national sources as well as patient feedback to inform decisions impacting our community's health.
Yakima Valley Memorial has been providing care to members of our community for 70 years.
Engaging Every Day
Packed with health news and information, our Facebook page is a great place to connect and get the latest news...
Your Hospital Stay
Now in both English and Spanish, our patient Guide To Services provides all the information you need...