Contact: Bridget Turrell
YAKIMA — COVID-19 community positivity rates are down, and daily COVID cases at Yakima Valley Memorial have dropped to under 20 patients a day for the past month. In light of this, and with thoughtful consideration of the needs of patients and their families during the holiday season, Memorial has revised its visitor policy at our acute-care hospital. In accordance with national, state and local health guidelines, we are opening visitation to one masked visitor (age 12 or older) at a time per patient.
The benefits of family engagement in patient care are clear. Families provide an essential source of emotional support, which has positive effects on physiological and psychological outcomes.
Visitors must show picture ID and proof of full vaccination, or picture ID and proof of a negative COVID19 test within the past 72 hours.
This policy is effective as of December 22, 2021, but could change again if changes in community positivity rates in Yakima County or our COVID patient count increase.
- At least two doses of Moderna/Pfizer-BioNTech or one dose of Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- Second Moderna/Pfizer-BioNTech dose or first Johnson & Johnson dose at least 14 days prior to visit.
Acceptable Vaccine Documentation (validated with photo identification)
- Vaccination card -or-
- Photo of vaccination card -or-
- Printed copy of vaccine record from healthcare provider -or-
- Digital vaccine record from app.
Acceptable Negative COVID-19 test result (validated with photo identification)
- Must have individual’s name, negative result, and date of test (rapid tests not acceptable).
- Date of test must be within 72 hours of visit.
Exceptions to the one-visitor policy may be found on our website at https://www.yakimamemorial.org/patients-visitors/visiting-policy/