Memorial's Valley Imaging
Memorial's Valley Imaging offers excellence in diagnostic imaging, with care equal to any imaging center in the country, teamed with highly trained physicians and technologists. Between 150 and 200 patients receive care at our facility daily, and more than 50,000 exams are conducted annually.
In addition to an average tenure more than 10 years, each technologist receives advanced training and is scheduled to develop expertise on specific machines, rather than serving as generalists on all machines. Our physicians are all specially trained radiologists, board-certified by the American Board of Radiology. Our technologists complete a course of college training and are registered and board-certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and/or the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
Valley Imaging's physicians and staff are committed to outstanding diagnostic imaging and services. While patient care is the single most important aspect of our practice, we employ the latest imaging technology to ensure quality exams are also performed in a cost-effective manner.
This technology includes:
- Computerized tomography (CT or CAT scan) uses a combination of x-rays and computer technology to produce images that are more detailed than diagnostic x-rays
- Diagnostic x-rays use a small amount of radiation to produce images of the body
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) using magnetism, radio waves and computer technology to produce very clear images of the body without using radiation
- MRI of the breast requires specialized technology and serves as a supplemental tool for detecting and staging breast disease and abnormalities
- PET/CT is a powerful diagnostic tool that combines the functional information from a positron emission tomography (PET) exam with the anatomical information from a computerized tomography (CT) exam into one single exam
- Ultrasound (sometimes called sonography) uses high-frequency sound waves and a computer to create images
The technology available to the staff at Valley Imaging allows patients to receive diagnosis locally and conveniently. Valley Imaging offers the first PET/CT imaging technology in the area, enabling physicians to detect and diagnose disease earlier and easier than ever before