Maternal Health Services
Contact: (509) 575-8160
Fax: (509) 577-5088
Maternal Health Services provides community-based programs and services focused on providing preventive health and education for growing families throughout Central Washington.
With a staff dedicated to giving families a healthy, hopeful start in life, Maternal Health Services offers programs in genetic counseling, maternity support services, maternal child health home visiting, and coordination of regional perinatal improvement programs.
The services that are available include:
- Central Washington Genetics Program, offering genetic counseling, specialized genetic testing and diagnostic services.
- First Steps Program, offering expectant mothers education for a healthy pregnancy, breastfeeding education, counseling, nutrition counseling, and help in accessing community resources. For more information or to sign up please call 509-575-8160.
- Maternal-Child Health Program, providing home visits by a community health nurse to the families of high-risk infants and children.
- Healthy Beginnings Care Center (formerly ABC Clinic), is a breastfeeding support center for parents and their newborns. Patient appointments at Healthy Beginnings are now available by physician referral as part of regular maternity care. Appointments are scheduled before patients leave the hospital after delivery, and the clinic is open, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
- Regional Perinatal Program, providing quality improvement for perinatal services in Central Washington.
With guidance from Maternal Health Services, families are able to decide which programs would be most helpful for them. Women at risk of premature delivery may need prenatal education in their homes, while others may want to learn how to enhance their child's early development.
For those who need assistance with nutrition, a WIC (women, infants and children) program is located adjacent to the Maternal Health Services office.
By giving women the information and support they need to make healthy choices, Maternal Health Services strives to promote healthy babies and strong families. All services are available in English and Spanish.
Also of interest...
- Pre-eclampsia signs and symptoms »
- Is my child sick? »
- ¿Tiene un niño enfermo? »
- Sign-up for our pregnancy e-Newsletter. »
- Sign-up for our new parent e-Newsletter. »
- Breastfeeding »
- La Leche League Breastfeeding Answers »
- Parents.com Breastfeeding »