Our medical providers understand that work place injuries can be costly, resulting in time-loss and increased workers' compensation premiums.
Virginia Mason Memorial's Occupational Medicine is a Washington State designated Center of Occupational Health and Education (COHE). Working closely with Labor and Industries, the staff aims to improve physical outcomes for patients while reducing the cost for the employers.
- Labor and Industry (Worker's Compensation), return to work issues
- Care of Occupational and Environmental Injury and Illness, Case Management
- Commercial Driver (DOT) Examinations
- Hearing Loss Claims
- Post-exposure Evaluations of the Healthcare Worker-prevention of infectious diseases i.e. hepatitis B, HIV, rabies etc (Blood-Borne Pathogen Program), tetanus prophylaxis in the injured patient with a wound
- Pre-placement Examinations and Return-to-Work Evaluations