Heart & Vascular Care
If you or a family member have been diagnosed with a heart condition, you want the best possible care close to home. At Virginia Mason Memorial, we provide the region’s most advanced cardiac care.
Our team of cardiologists at the Yakima Heart Center will evaluate your condition, outline the most appropriate treatment options, and support you in making the best decision for you and your family.
Our heart team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Virginia Mason Memorial is a Level 1 Emergency Cardiac Center and a member of the Washington Emergency Cardiac & Stroke System.
Comprehensive Heart & Vascular Care at Virginia Mason Memorial
We care for patients with any type of heart condition, including heart failure, rhythm abnormalities, aortic aneurysms, blocked arteries, deep vein thrombosis, peripheral vascular disease and more.
To be most effective, heart and vascular care should be comprehensive. That’s why we offer:
- Wellness programs, including risk assessments, screenings and community classes on heart-healthy topics
- Advanced diagnostics, including echocardiography, vascular ultrasound, nuclear imaging and heart rhythm monitoring
- An Advanced Care Unit
- A Cardiac Catheterization Lab for diagnostic and minimally invasive procedures
- Vascular and endovascular surgery, provided by our experts at Yakima Vascular Associates
- A Cardiac Rehabilitation program
Support from Virginia Mason Heart Institute in Seattle
If needed, patients with highly complicated cardiac conditions can be easily transferred to the Virginia Mason Heart Institute in Seattle. Afterward, patients can seamlessly return home to Yakima for follow-up care under the direction of their cardiologist here.
Virginia Mason Heart Institute specialists are recognized nationally for treating heart failure and heart attack. Virginia Mason was recently named one of America’s 100 best hospitals for Cardiac Care by Healthgrades. And the Heart Institute has been recognized for cardiac surgery outcomes that are in the top 10 percent in the nation.*
*Society of Thoracic Surgeons