Heart & Vascular Care
The Memorial Heart Advantage is a combination of education and prevention, diagnosis and treatment, advanced heart care, and rehabilitation and wellness.
Education and prevention start with community health assessments to identifying risk factors for heart disease and opportunities to assist patients in changing their lifestyles to maintain a healthy heart. Educational services provide an opportunity for patients to get regular heart checks, blood pressure screenings and diabetes screenings. A variety of informational classes are offered to the public such as stress reduction, appetite control, smoking-cessation, and diabetes education.
The diagnosis and treatment phase involves Memorial's team working to identify any heart or vascular problems. This is achieved by using a broad range of techniques ranging from noninvasive procedures to advanced surgical care such as cardiac catheterization. Appropriate treatment is identified and delivered from our range of services dependent on the diagnosis. Treatment includes the use of evidence-based care through the use of protocols.
Cardiac rehabilitation involves a long term commitment from the patient and a team of health care providers. Memorial's team includes doctors (such as primary care doctor, surgeon, and a cardiologist who will monitor a patients care plan and progress), specially trained cardiac rehab nurses, and dietitians or nutritionists. This team also includes a care coordinator who will track care and navigate insurance concerns for patients.
Acute and Interventional Care
- 24/7 Heart team
- Primary (emergency) angioplasty for acute myocardial infarction
- Diagnostic Heart and Vascular Lab
- Advanced Care Unit.
- Heart failure services
- Pacemaker and defibrillator implantation
- Heart rhythm abnormality management
- Vascular and endovascular surgery
- Venous thrombolytic therapy
- Cardiovascular diagnostic evaluations
- Nuclear medicine cardiac studies
- Anti-coagulation management clinic
- Sleep Center at Memorial
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Cardiac family support groups
Prevention and Education
- Heart and vascular health education and screenings
- Women's cardiovascular program
- Center for Diabetes Prevention and Control screenings, programs and support groups
- National, P.A.D. (Peripheral Arterial Disease) Coalition
Utilizing the latest in medical technology, Memorial's cardiology department provides its patients with the opportunity for improved clinical outcomes and enhanced quality of life.
Also of interest...
- View Yakima Vascular Associates' web site »
- Awards & Accreditations »
- Heart & Vascular Lab: Cardiac Catheterization »
- Anatomy of a heartbeat »
- Heartbeats and breaths calculator »
- Heart health »
- Heart attack »