Contact: (509) 575-8552
Healthy Beginnings: (509) 574-5883
Memorial's Family Birthplace staff delights in joining our patients to celebrate the birth of each new baby. The first baby was delivered at Memorial in 1950, the year the hospital opened. Since then, Memorial has developed one of the most comprehensive and sophisticated maternity care programs in Washington.
For decades, Memorial has been the hospital Yakima's families have continued to trust to bring new life into the world. In the last decade the hospital has delivered more than 28,000 babies. From joyfully welcoming new arrivals from the beginning of pregnancy through labor and delivery, and all the parenting and growing stages along the way, our team will help fathers- and mothers-to-be plan and look forward to the special time of childbirth.
As one of the four perinatal centers in our state, we offer the comfort of knowing a team of specialists is nearby should there be any complications with mother or baby. Being designated as one of four perinatal centers in the state means that Memorial's Family Birthplace also offers specialty care for at-risk infants.
Nurses estimate more than a third of the babies that are treated in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) were born to parents who expected a healthy delivery, and did not anticipate that they might need extra care and skilled nursing. The fact that a neonatologist is just a floor away puts delivering mothers at ease.
Memorial's Family Birthplace looks forward to helping families welcome their new little ones into the world.
Prenatal Programs and Services:
- Family planning
- Genetic counseling
- Childbirth education
- Pre-registration and childbirth planning
- Lactation consultants
Labor, delivery and postpartum:
- Private birthing suites
- Healthy Beginnings Care Center (formerly ABC Clinic), is a breastfeeding support center for parents and their newborns. Patient appointments at Healthy Beginnings are now available by physician referral as part of regular maternity care. Appointments are scheduled before patients leave the hospital after delivery, and the clinic is open, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
Also of interest...
- Postpartum Preeclampsia »
- Meet our Childbirth Educators »
- Family Birthplace Virtual Tour »
- Pregnancy and Childbirth Education »
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit »
- Maternal Health Services »
- Children's Village »
- Pediatrics »
- Newborn Photos »
- Sign-up for our pregnancy e-Newsletter »
- Sign-up for our new parent e-Newsletter »
- Send a Cheer Card »
- Lotsa Helping Hands »
- La Leche League »
- Centers for Disease Control - Infants and Toddlers »