Yakima Valley Memorial's pharmacy practice residency program provides a one-year post-graduate training experience. Washington State University's College of Pharmacy maintains a joint venture with Yakima Valley Memorial as a major training site for pharmacy students. Two full-time faculty members are based at the hospital. In addition, Memorial offers a board of pharmacy-approved pharmacy technician training program.
- The pharmacy residency program was established in 1998.
- Pharmacy residents are licensed pharmacists that complete an extra year of advanced training in the hospital.
- We currently have 5 pharmacy residents.
- Our residency program is unique in that it offers both ambulatory care and acute care experiences We offer multiple teaching and precepting opportunities in with the Yakima WSU campus close by.
- The goal of the program is to produce a well-rounded clinical pharmacist that is also eligible for board certification and/or a PGY2 (post year two graduate) residency.
- Applicants must be a graduate of a college of pharmacy accredited by ACPE and be licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Washington.
- Applications must be registered for the match and can apply through PhORCAS.
- The application deadline is January 1, 2022.