Please contact Employee Health at 574-5830 for all adverse reactions to the Covid-19 vaccination.
Employee Health is here for the health and safety of all YVM and affiliated clinics employees
Employee Health is staffed by:
Deborah J Brown, PA-C, DFAAPA: Medical Director
Cynthia Byrne, RN, BSN: Interim Assistant Nurse Manager
Juliet Capp, ARNP: Clinician
Shannon R, Young, RN: Triage RN
Tawny Sparks, CMA: Medical Assistant
Sandra Verduzco, CMA: Medical Assistant
Amanda Pacheco: Patient Service Coordinator
Bobbi Cooper: Patient Service Coordinator
- We are open 8:30 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday and closed weekends and holidays.
- Our providers/triage team are available 7 days a week for telephone consults 8:30 AM to 5 PM, by calling 509-574-5830. If after hours or a holiday, please leave a message and we will return your call the next day.
- We are located on the third floor of West Pavilion 1 in suite 350. As much as we would like to see you, please do not visit Employee Health if you are ill but rather call us at (509) 574-5830 with your concerns.
COVID/INFLUENZA related symptoms:
- If you are ill, with COVID-19 or Influenza related symptoms, notify your manager/supervisor
- If you become ill while at work, notify your manager/supervisor and go home.
- After notifying your supervisor, call Employee Health at 509-574-5830 to advise us of your symptoms. An EH team member will screen you and arrange for testing. COVID test results are generally faster when ordered through Employee Health. If after hours or a holiday, please leave a message and we will return your call the next day.
- If symptoms are severe or emergent call your Primary Care Provider or go the Emergency Department to be seen.
- If you are tested for COVID-19 or Influenza elsewhere you must contact Employee Health to be released to return to work.
- You have many options for taking time off due to COVID-19. Please refer to the COVID-19 Scenarios & Benefits Available on the YVM Intranet under COVID-19 or visit Employment Security Department of Washington State
Other Illnesses or Injuries:
- If you are unsure whether you or your staff are allowed to work, (e.g. shingles, diarrhea, are needing to wear a cast or brace), contact Employee Health at 509-574-5830 for guidance.
- Please review the Work Restrictions for Communicable Disease in Healthcare Workers Policy »
On the Job injury:
- Immediately notify your manager/supervisor.
- Complete a Safety Report on the Intranet- RL Datix (Quantros).
- Notify Employee Health at 574-5830 to advise us of your injury. If you would like to complete an L&I claim, you can do so at that time. You will be provided with a list of Occupational Health Clinics who can treat your injury.
- If your injury is emergent, go to the Emergency Department for treatment. Advise them it is a work related injury.
- Please see the attached On the Job Injury Policy »
Needle Stick, Scalpel Laceration or Body Fluid Splash:
- Wash the exposed skin with soap and water, (eyes, nose or mouth should be flushed with water only), then notify your manager/supervisor.
- Notify Employee Health at (509) 574-5830. If unavailable or after hours contact the House Supervisor via Vocera or call (509) 574-5805.
- Employee Health or House Supervisor/Manager will assess the severity of the exposure and determine need for source testing.
- If source patient is unknown, Employee Health or House Supervisor/Manager will arrange baseline testing on the employee.
- House Supervisor can arrange for source testing on the patient and complete the patient consent. If exposure happens in an outpatient clinic, contact your supervisor/manager.
- Employee must complete a Safety Event on the Intranet RLDatix.
- Employee Health will notify employee of source patient results. If after hours or weekend, results may be released to House Manager and in turn can notify the injured employee.
- For Policy Direction : Go to Policy Center on the Intranet, search OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE MANAGEMENT, Standard Process, Consent Form and Lab Order Forms are attached.
- If you believe you have an impaired employee, contact your Supervisor, House Manager, or HR immediately for guidance.
- During business hours Laura Seaman or Jeremy Hochstein from HR can be reached at 575-8085.
- House Managers are the contact after hours or holidays. If you cannot reach a House Manager, contact the Administrator on Call.
N95 Mask Fitting:
- All masks with valves are not permitted for use in the hospital.
- Only NIOSH approved BYD, 3M 8210 and 3M 8110s masks are to be worn by staff. All other N95 masks should be removed from units/clinic and given to your manager to be returned to Employee Health.
- Every employee that needs an N95 mask, must be Mask Fit Tested annually and will be informed of their appropriate mask label/number.
- N95 Mask Fit Testing available at Employee Health in West Pavilion 1. Please see the attached schedule for fit testing hours.
- June schedule »
- July schedule »
- COVID vaccine is available one weekday every 3 weeks. We can give 1st and/or 2nd doses. We use Pfizer and a 2nd dose is required in 21 days.
- We are not limited to a minimum number of employees in order to administer COVID vaccine.
- Appointments are required so we know how many vials we need to thaw.
- Please call Employee Health at 509-574-5830 for appointments or with any questions on COVID vaccine
- If you need a 2nd dose of Moderna, please call and we can help direct you to a vaccination center that is offering Moderna.
The Annual Influenza vaccination campaign begins mid-September each year and there are multiple opportunities for employees to get their flu vaccine.
Please see this year's numerous Flu Shot Clinics available for your convenience.
- YVM believes that managing annual seasonal influenza is a shared responsibility between an individual and the organization to provide care to our patients and as a service to our community. Reducing the risk of exposure to and illness from influenza is consistent with our values and consistent with the direction set forth in our strategic plan.
- Our policy is based on recommendations from numerous professional organizations including the CDC and the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). See Annual Influenza Vaccination Policy for the list of other professional organizations.
- All providers, employees, and volunteers are mandated to receive their annual influenza vaccine by the last Friday of October of each year.
- We provide accommodation for those unable to receive immunizations due to religious beliefs and those with proven medical contraindications approved by a Physician or Licensed Advanced Practice Provider. All declinations must be renewed yearly and must be submitted to Employee Health by October 1st each year. An Influenza Declination Form will need to be filled out by the employee and their physician/provider. Once the declination is approved by YVM Employee Health those with contraindications to the influenza vaccine will be provided reasonable accommodations.
- The Annual Influenza vaccination campaign begins mid-September each year and there are multiple opportunities for employees to get their flu vaccine. Please see this year's numerous Flu Shot Clinics available for your convenience. Those working in clinics can receive a flu vaccine by contacting your office manager, or you can come into the Employee Health office between 8:30 AM – 4:45 PM, Monday through Friday.
- For 2021, all influenza vaccinations or documentation of having received your annual flu shot elsewhere must be into the Employee Health office by October 29th. (Fax 509-574-5831 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Any Employee or provider not meeting the requirement or having an approved declination will be removed from their work schedule or be suspended of their medical staff privileges.
- Everyday preventive actions that are always recommended to reduce the spread of influenza is to avoid close contact with people who are sick and if you are sick, limit your contacts and call out sick from work. Cover your coughs, sneezes, wash your hands often and avoid toughing your eyes, nose and mouth.
Yakima Valley Memorial has been providing care to members of our community for 70 years.
Engaging Every Day
Packed with health news and information, our Facebook page is a great place to connect and get the latest news...
Your Hospital Stay
Now in both English and Spanish, our patient Guide To Services provides all the information you need...