Cerner Millennium Training for Providers
All Providers with privileges at Virginia Mason Memorial (except for providers working in the Emergency Department or Anesthesiology, which will have separate trainings scheduled) will need to complete Cerner training to receive their login credentials.
- Please register by March 15.
- Classes are 4 hours in length. All classes will be held at our 15 West location (15 W Yakima Ave) on the 3rd floor in Conference Room 3A.
To register, please click on a class date and time and enter your name and email address. Upon registering, you will receive a confirmation on-screen and an email notification of your registration.
If you have questions, please contact Allen Kautzman at (509) 249-5393.
Cerner Millennium Provider Education Curriculum
- Learning objective: Providers will have a working knowledge of the system and be able to safely navigate through screens and initiate orders from admission to discharge while maintaining adequate and required documentation.
- Teach-back: Providers will be able to independently institute all necessary labs and procedures including but not limited to admission and discharge orders. Providers will be able to locate and document per regulatory guidelines and hospital policy.
After training is complete the Provider will be able to effectively navigate Cerner Millennium and accomplish all required orders and documentation with minimal complications, questions, or required assistance from Champion or support staff.
REMINDERS: Please bring the following items to training:
- Your VMM access badge
- Either a Washington state driver’s license or Passport
- Any Smart Phone or Tablet that you use when providing services.* These are necessary to enroll and authorize you to use an e-prescribe system for Schedule 2 narcotics and above.
*Your Smartphone and/or Tablet will need to be loaded with the free Google Authenticator utilities application (commonly found in the App Store). If you cannot load it before training, we can attempt to load it during training.