Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital Association dba Virginia Mason Memorial
Hospitalist (Multiple Openings) in Yakima, WA
Provide medical direction for the hospital’s health care activities. Interview, examine and treat clinical patients to meet their medical needs. Educate patients on wellness, prevention and early detection. Determine referrals based on examination and patient needs. Determine level of urgency of follow-up, referral/consultation appointments. Order tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patient condition and analyze reports and findings. Prescribe or recommend medications and other forms of treatment. Exercise final medical judgment on issues of health care and review long term-cases that require ongoing medical attention. Consult with appropriate professionals regarding patient care and educational issues. Participate in quality improvement, management, continuing education, and other established patient care programs. Maintain confidentiality of all patient information according to applicable regulations.
Applicants must possess:
- An M.D. or D.O. degree, or the foreign equivalent.
- Washington State Physician and Surgeon License or a Washington State Osteopathic Physician and Surgeon License, or eligibility for licensure.
- Certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine or the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine, or eligibility for certification.
- Completion of an ACGME- or COCA-accredited residency program in Internal Medicine.
- Unrestricted DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) Certificate.
All education, training, and experience may be gained concurrently. Applicants subject to pre-employment background check. Applicants must be U.S. workers (includes U.S. citizens, permanent residents, foreign nationals granted temporary residence under one of the 1986 legalization programs, refugees, and asylees). To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org