Heart Disease isn't just a man's disease.
Talking To Your Doctor
9 Critical Questions to Ask Your Doctor:
- What are my risk factors for heart disease, and what can I do to lower my risk - such as healthy eating, exercise, weight and stress management?
- What are the warning signs or symptoms of heart disease or a heart attack?
- What should I know about the effects of menopause on my health?
- What is my blood pressure, cholesterol, and body mass index and are those numbers considered healthy?
- Which methods of smoking cessation would work best for me?
- Are my risk factors for heart disease the same or different for stroke, and what are the symptoms of stroke?
- What is the latest on low-dose aspirin for heart attack prevention and treatment?
- If I experience symptoms of a heart attack, what do I do now?
- If I experience symptoms of a heart attack, what should I do next?
Print out and bring this list of questions to your next doctor visit to be sure of your risks for developing heart disease.
Back to top