Awards & Accreditations
Memorial Family of Services is committed to meeting the needs of our community. With more than 300 physicians on our medical staff and more than 2,500 employees, Memorial is home to a number of nationally recognized medical programs. We are proud to note the following awards of distinction and recognition of excellence.
The Joint Commission recognizes accredited hospitals that attain excellence in accountability measure performance. As a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®, Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital is one of 1,224 hospitals to meet or exceed the target rates of performance for 2013.
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Community Research Award, 2009 Hematology & Oncology News & Issues (HONI) magazine names North Star Lodge the best medium-sized cancer facility in the United States, 2008
- Commission on Cancer* - Outstanding Achievement Award, 2008
- Commission on Cancer* - 3-year Accreditation with Commendation, 2011
- American College of Radiology, Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, `Ohana Mammography Center, 2013
Commission on Cancer* - 3-year Accreditation 2015 with Commendation in:
- Clinical Trial Accrual
- Cancer Registrar Education
- Public Reporting of Outcomes
- Nursing Care
- RQRS Participation
- Data Submission, Accuracy of Data
What does this mean for North Star patients?
- Quality care, close to home
- Comprehensive care including a range of state-of-the-art services and equipment
- A multidisciplinary, team approach to coordinate the best treatment options
- Access to cancer related information, education and support
- A cancer registry that collects data on type and stage of cancers and treatment/patient follow-up care
- Ongoing monitoring and improvement of care
* Commission on Cancer, an independent organization established by the American College of Surgeons that sets standards for quality cancer care.
Heart and Vascular
- Memorial has achieved disease specific certification by the *Joint Commission for excellence in:
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Chest pain
- Heart Failure
- Member of the Washington Emergency Cardiac & Stroke System. Memorial Hospital is a level 1 Emergency Cardiac Center and a level 2 Emergency Stroke Center.
- The American Heart Association Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
- The American Heart Association has recognized Memorial for achieving 85% or higher compliance with all Get With The Guidelines®-Heart Failure Achievement Measures and 75% or higher compliance with four or more Get With The Guidelines®-Heart Failure Quality Measures for two or more consecutive years and has demonstrated documentation of all three Target: Heart Failure care components for 50% or more of eligible patients with heart failure discharged from the hospital to improve quality of patient care and outcomes. The award recognizes Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital's commitment and success in implementing a higher standard of heart failure care by ensuring that heart failure patients receive treatment according to nationally accepted standards and recommendations.
- The American Heart Association Heart Failure Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award.
- Gold Plus Achievement is awarded to those who have reached an aggressive goal of treating heart failure patients with 85% or higher compliance to core standard levels of care as outlined by the American Heart Association for 12 consecutive months. In addition, Memorial demonstrated 75% compliance to 4 out of 9 heart failure quality measures during the 12-month period. The AHA and the American College of Cardiology Get With The Guidelines program was developed to improve adherence to evidenced-based medicine.
* The Joint Commission is an independent, not-for-profit organization and the nation's oldest and largest standards-setting and evaluation body in health care. The Joint Commission has 60 years of recognized and respected excellence and expertise in evaluating clinical care quality in all types of provider settings. Certified programs must demonstrate a systematic approach to care delivery, and a commitment to performance improvement that helps maintain a consistently high-level of quality, reducing the risk of error.
- Joint Commission Certification Gold Seal of Approval
- Total Knee Replacement
- Total Hip Replacement
- Hip Fracture Care
- 2014 Washington State Hospital Association "Achieving Best Care Award" for our efforts to decrease patient harm through our participation in the Partnership for Patients national initiative
- Qualis Health Award of Excellence in Healthcare Quality, 2010
- Glycemic Control
- Emergency Department
- Rick Linneweh, President and CEO - Leaders in Health Care 2012: Lifetime Achievement Award
- The 25 Best Hospitals to work for in the US by Healthcare Exec News - 2012
- National Research Corporation (NRC) Consumer Choice Award 2009/2010 and 2010/2011
- Accredited by The Joint Commission, renewed 2010
- 2008 Cleverly and Associates Community Value 100, one of the Top 100 Hospitals for Hospital Quality, Cost of Services, Value of Services, and Viability and reinvestment back into the community
- Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work in America, 2003
- Washington State Hospital Association Health Leadership Award, 2004
- American Hospital Association's national NOVA Award for our leadership role in creating Children's Village, 1999 Community Partnership
- Finalist for the coveted Foster McGraw Prize for community service, 2000 National Communities Can! Award for outstanding collaboration